Saturday, December 15, 2007

Regret Minimization FrameWork

Just heard that description from an interview with Amazon Founder, Jeff Bezos. His reason for starting Amazon was to "Regret Minimization FrameWork". I thought it quickly summed up the description of what this journey to Abbey Road is for me personally. No regrets when I'm 80 (if I make it that far).

So we (Tim and Bob) plod on to our goal of recording in Studio 2 at Abbey Road. Speaking of which, a feeble attempt has been undertaken by moi to actually begin writing my "hit song". Over the last several weeks nothing even close to a "A-Side" single has flowed from my Fender Stratacaster guitar. so here is my
Mr. Obvious Realization #1... This is hard.
Go Figure. Who could have known?

I'm going to write (gasp) a Pop Song. A song like the Beatles would have recorded at Abbey Road in 1964 or whereabouts. Lyrics about girls probably. Key of G... or maybe not.

So...back to practicing and writing.

Lyrics? Chords? Talent? ...Don't fail me now...

_Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. This is great. If you start auditions for your first tour, please give me shot!!

Re Pop songwriting with obsequious teen love lyrics, may I suggest you set your car's tuner to "Radio Disney". A hotbed of teen angst that should fuel your lyric-writing machine.
db